Sunday, September 28, 2014

Easy Peasy Vegan Pizza and Oven Baked Wedges

I've been a bad girl lately.

I've completely abandoned my beautiful vegan blog––not because I haven't been eating vegan, no.

I've been trying new recipes (lots of duds, hence their absence here), and lots of raw eating (thanks to my lovely sister).

But I'm back now, and I have a wonderfully easy peasy pizza recipe that is an absolute breeze and will cover any craving. Trust me. I had this after two full days of going raw and it hit the spot just right. Have this beauty with freshly baked potato wedges and call it a night. Everyone will love this.





Ingredients for Potato Wedges:

5 Russet Potatoes, cut into wedges, unpeeled
1 tbs Olive Oil
1/2 tbs Italian Seasoning
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste
Sea Salt, to taste

Making the Wedges:

Scrub the potatoes well and cut into wedges. Place them on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. I like to blend in the olive oil before adding the Italian seasoning. Blend well with clean hands. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning, garlic and onion powder, ground pepper, salt and mix with your hands.  Bake these beauties at 425ºf for 20 minutes then remove them from the oven and flip them around and bake for another 20 minutes. The results will be perfectly crisp and delicious wedges.


Ingredients for Pizza:

Pita bread
Pizza sauce
Vegan Cheese (I used Daiya Mozzarella shreds)
Portobello Mushrooms
1 Green Bell Pepper
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Yellow Bell Pepper
1 Avocado

What to do with them:

It was so easy, and fun to make this pizza. Start off by heating the oven to 400ºf (or lowering the temp if you've made the wedges). Thinly slice all the veggies. Cover the pita bread with your favorite pizza sauce. Add vegan cheese to your liking and top with veggies. Bake for 6-8 minutes. Done! That's it. Seriously. Now add the avocado.



You will seriously be addicted after making this. I sure was. And don't be afraid to put anything you like on the pizza. I made it twice after this and added a different vegetable every time. I will make it again and maybe even add veggie bacon. The possibilities are endless. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment