Wednesday, June 4, 2014

DIY Minty Fresh Mouthwash

Mouthwash is great. It kills germs, it freshens breath, and it's that stinging deliciousness in the mornings that make us feel ready for the day. I can't make the drive to work if I haven't swished that minty freshness. 

But what lies beneath that freshness? Fluoride, coloring, and other ingredients I don't want in my mouth. I'm already making my own toothpaste. How hard can mouthwash be? Not hard at all. 


What you'll need:


Bottle (I used glass bottle .50L)

1 cup Vodka*

1 cup Water

1 cup Hydrogen Peroxide

25-30 drops Peppermint essential oil**

2 droplets of liquid Stevia

12 drops Trace Mineral

Directions:


Mix in all liquids into glass bottle. Mix well. 




*If making this mouthwash for kids, leave out the alcohol. Use 1 1/2 cup water with 1 1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide. I made it for my 4 year-old nephew without alcohol and it worked very well. 

**I recently made infused vodka with mint. Once it is ready, I will replace the peppermint oil with the infused vodka. 

Happy rinsing!

No comments:

Post a Comment